Breastfeeding Works: How To Support Nursing Employees and Students
This inaugural webinar in the Breastfeeding Works series will give health care and lactation support providers the information and tools they need to counsel breastfeeding workers and students. The expert panelists will cover the national and state laws that protect breastfeeding parents from discrimination, and the laws that require lactation accommodations at work and school.
The webinar will:
• Offer guidance on what lactation consultants and other healthcare providers can do to best support their patients, including how to write effective work notes.
• Using vignettes based on real-world scenarios, the experts will walk you through key considerations in counseling parents who are facing challenges at work or school.
• Introduce you to the top resources available when you or your patient need additional support.
• Cheryl Lebedevitch, United States Breastfeeding Committee
• Galen Sherwin, American Civil Liberties Union Women’s Rights Project
• Jessica Lee, Center for WorkLife Law, University of California Hastings College of Law
• Liz Morris, Center for WorkLife Law, University of California Hastings College of Law
• Sarah Brafman, A Better Balance
Breastfeeding Works: How to Support Nursing Employees and Students is hosted by: – A Better Balance – American Civil Liberties Union Women’s Rights Project – Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs – Center for WorkLife Law, University of California Hastings College of Law – International Childbirth Education Association – La Leche League USA – National WIC Association – Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere (ROSE) – United States Breastfeeding Committee – United States Lactation Consultant Association